- St Piers School curriculum places the student at the centre of all we do, whilst encompassing our School values: Be kind, Be empowered, Be inspired.
- Our curriculum captures all of our planned work but also the many discreet opportunities for our young people to learn throughout the school day and beyond. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum which identifies and meets the needs of all by personalising our curriculum for each young person.
- It is important to us that our students have as many opportunities to develop and progress through academic learning as well as personal development through an ambitious and exciting journey through their time with us at School.
- We want our students to be able to develop through a mixture of experiential and first-hand active learning to ensure we can promote independence, encourage responsibility for their own learning and thus enabling them to become lifelong learners.
- Through a transdisciplinary approach we ensure that the right things are in place for each student when they need the support, so they can feel safe, comfortable and ready to learn.
- We recognise the importance of making sure that we work using Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs to influence our planning and preparation each day.
- Communication is key for our students to be able to access our curriculum and learn. We work to support our young people through a variety of communication approaches and to tailor this to their needs to help them to build on this throughout their life.
- Learning environments are carefully thought out to provide our students with a breadth of opportunities to learn in different ways and to build their confidence through fun and adaptive learning.
Our School values are embedded in our curriculum and in all that our students do, every day.
- Be Empowered
- Be Kind
- Be Inspired
The above areas are deliberately broad so that each class can use them in the most appropriate way for their students.
We use the term ‘My’ so that learning is much more relatable to the individual student and easily personalised.