It’s crucial that we have a detailed and in-depth understanding of our pupils’ medical needs. That’s why we conduct a comprehensive diagnosis and assessment of each child.
- Pupils are visited by the specialist epilepsy nurse
- Parents provide a medical and seizure history
- Pupils are observed in school
- The paediatric neurologist, diagnostic staff nurse and psychologist assess pupils
- EEGs can be offered to students to gain an understanding of epilepsy.
- Video telemetry is usually included and lasts 48 hours
- Initial feedback is given to parents
- A full report is sent four weeks later