Computing and ICT are vital subjects to learn about in the modern world and we believe our students deserve the best opportunities to learn and develop their own computing and ICT skills in order for them to use modern technology and to stay safe when using the internet.
Through our targeted curriculum, our students are exposed to many different elements of ICT and computing including hardware and software. This includes:
- Cause and effect activates to establish the early processes of programming
- Interactive learning activities on our new whiteboards
- Using technology such as cameras and IPads appropriately
- Seeing technology in the world around us (i.e. traffic lights, ATMs and phones)
- Identifying electronic equipment and how to be safe using electricity
- Sequencing and following instructions when using computers
- Programming floor turtles or Beebots to see an immediate result of our actions
- Accessing and using software such as Word, Paint and PowerPoint
- Understanding icons and what they mean
- Uploading and saving images and documents
It also gives them the opportunity to develop a variety of problem-solving skills, such as information processing, reasoning and evaluation.