Originally established in 1897, the organisation was initially created to teach agricultural skills to men with learning or physical disabilities.
However in 1904, a school was built exclusively for children with epilepsy, where staff used the local on-site farm, garden and wildlife to teach pupils. Children and young people with epilepsy and other neurological conditions were admitted to the school and the name changed to St Piers.
Our Governing Body consists of 15 governors drawn from staff, the Local Education Authority, parents and the wider community.
St. Piers School is part of Young Epilepsy. Young Epilepsy is the operating name of The National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy (NCYPE)