Our brand new, state of the art school has opened and our students have transitioned to the new building and settled very quickly into their new surroundings.
The school is a unique facility providing the perfect space for our students to learn and achieve their full potential.
Designed with our students in mind
The new school has been tailored to meet the specialist educational needs of our students.
Features have been specifically chosen to create an exceptional environment to best manage our students’ conditions, allowing them to develop and achieve their outcomes.
- Curved corridors create a calming environment for our students who live with autism.
- The new swimming pool in the Peter Harrison Aqua Centre is inclusive for all students, enabling those with mobility difficulties to take part in aqua activities alongside their peers. The space has been designed with infinity features and diffused window panels to minimise reflections and ripples.
- Each classroom has its own secure outdoor space enhancing opportunities for learning through play and group activities outside the classroom.
- The go-kart track adds a social and fun element to learning.
- The James Lewis Food Technology Studio has adjustable tables and worktops, where all of the students can enjoy the experience of learning life skills together.
- The Imaginarium uses state of the art technology to create sceneries which transport our students to different environments via their imagination.
- A sensory integration suite within the school allows students to have immediate access to therapy.
- The building has a unique natural ventilation system to ensure a steady and stable room temperature, whether summer or winter.